How to get started feeding your pet raw food
Want to get started on a raw diet for your pet but aren’t sure how? Check out our weekly transition guide to help your pet adjust to this new natural food. Rah Raw wants to make sure you are confident in your transition.
How to get started:
- Choose one protein to start with.
- It is best to start with simple proteins to rule out allergies to specific meats. Simple proteins to start with could be: beef, chicken, titan red, or turkey.
- Start out by feeding 75-80% of what your dog is currently eating and 20-25% of the calculated amount of raw meat. Mix it all together and feed to your dog.
- Continue this step for 4-5 days as long as your dog is doing well with the transition.
- Increase the amount of raw 10-15% every 4-5 days, and decrease the amount of what your dog is currently eating by 10-15%. Continue this step until your dog is getting a full raw diet.
Things to note:
*Refer to our feeding guideline calculator to calculate how much to feed.
The meat should be thawed no longer than 2 days. If you will not go through the full tube within 2 days, you can thaw and refreeze the meat.
Remember, all dogs are different! Just like a kibble to kibble transition, it is best to take the transition slow and it is possible your dog may have a loose stool.
Raw Dog Food Calculator
Calculate How Much Raw Food To Order for Healthy Adult Dogs