How to get started:
- Choose one protein to start with.
- It is best to start with simple proteins to rule out allergies to specific meats. Simple proteins to start with could be: beef, chicken, titan red, or turkey.
- Start out by feeding 75-80% of what your dog is currently eating and 20-25% of the calculated amount of raw meat. Mix it all together and feed to your dog.
- Continue this step for 4-5 days as long as your dog is doing well with the transition.
- Increase the amount of raw 10-15% every 4-5 days, and decrease the amount of what your dog is currently eating by 10-15%. Continue this step until your dog is getting a full raw diet.
Things to note:
*Refer to our feeding guideline calculator to calculate how much to feed.
The meat should be thawed no longer than 4 days. If you will not go through the full tube within 4 days, you can thaw and refreeze the meat.
Remember, all dogs are different! Just like a kibble to kibble transition, it is best to take the transition slow and it is possible your dog may have a loose stool.
Raw Dog Food Calculator
Calculate How Much Raw Food To Order for Healthy Adult Dogs